Refreshing Pear Punch (Sparkling Version)
Prepare a refreshing bowl of sparkling punch with this popular autumn fruit.
- 2 cups of pear juice
- 1 lemon (juice it!)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- Fresh pear (preferably sliced)
- Pour pear juice into a large punch bowl.
- Pour lemon juice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Mix in ginger ale.
- Top with fresh sliced pear.
Eggnog is egg-y, rich, and creamy. It is the perfect holiday drink!
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of milk
- Combine vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk in a small saucepan.
- Use low heat to bring mixture to a low boil.
- Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl until they are pale in color.
- Slowly add hot milk mixture.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat to get slightly thick texture.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream before serving.
This cranberry-apple combo will add a nice festive touch.
- 12 oz. (or 1 can) of frozen orange juice concentrate
- Apple slices for garnish (frozen cranberries are welcomed too!)
- 2 cups of chilled ginger ale
- 2 cups of chilled cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 cups of chilled apple cider
- Combine orange juice concentrate, juice, and cider in a 4-quart container.
- Refrigerate until guests arrive.
- Add chilled ginger ale before pouring mixture into punch bowl.
- Add garnish.
Apple Barley Mocktail
Apple barley mocktail served in old fashioned glass!
- A splash of club soda
- 1/2 oz of apple cider
- 1/4 oz of simple syrup
- 5 dashes of molasses bitters
- 1/3 dropper of Angostura bitters
- 10 oz of hot water brewed with two tea bags
- 1 oz of strong-brewed chilled barley tea
- Pour ingredients in an old fashioned glass.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with Luxardo cherries and an orange swath.
Recipe by SteakBar (Chicago).
Candy Crush (Nope, it’s not Candy Crush Saga!)
Here is the recipe for a more kid-oriented Christmas drink:
- Rock candy (any candy that has food coloring)
- Sparkling apple juice or white grape juice (any light-colored juice)
- Water (to “cut” the juice)
- Pour small servings of light-colored juice into small plastic champagne flutes.
- Drop colored candy and allow it to change the color of the juice.
- If your little ones tend to become hyper after drinking sugary drinks, add water.
This is a great way to get “boozy” without the actual booze. Here is what you need to prepare this delicious gourmet margarita … mocktail:
- Limes (for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of flake salt
- 3/4 cup of ice
- 1/4 teaspoon of orange bitters or orange extract
- 2 drops of almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 oz. of grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. of fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. of limeade concentrate
- 2 oz. of agave or honey
- Combine ice, orange extracts, almond, grapefruit juice, lime juice, limeade, and honey in a blender.
- Blend until you achieve a smooth texture.
- Rim your margarita glass with chili and salt.
- Pour blended mocktail in glass.
- Garnish with a lime.
Paradise City Mocktail
Paradise City is an excellent alcohol-free drink for your Christmas dinner.
- 2 oz of club soda
- 1 oz of cream
- 1 oz of grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz of passion-fruit puree
- 1/2 oz of vanilla syrup
- Combine cream, grapefruit juice, passion-fruit puree, ice, and vanilla syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour club soda into a highball glass.
- Slowly strain the contents (inside cocktail shaker) over the club soda.
- Allow the head of the foam to rise above the rim of the glass.
Recipe by Nomad (from New York City).
Cranberry Pomegranate Bellinis
A great drink to ring in the New Year and celebrate the holidays.
- Lime slices and whole cranberries for garnish
- 1 squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 3-4 oz of seltzer
- 1 oz of simple syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened 100% cranberry juice
- Stir sugar and fruit juices in a small pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Continue stirring until sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour syrup in a jar and allow it to fully cool.
- Refrigerate before use.
- Pour 1 oz of cranberry-pomegranate simple syrup into a champagne flute.
- Top with 3 to 4 oz of seltzer.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime.
- Add garnish.
Shirley Temples are perfect for Christmas and the holidays! Both adults and kids can enjoy this tasty drink.
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- A 2L bottle of lemon-lime soda
- Ice cubes
- 12 oz of grenadine
- Pour 1 oz of grenadine over ice in a glass.
- Top drink with 8 oz of lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.
Iced Mint Protein Mochas
Who can resist this chocolate-flavored variant of caffè latte?
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 5 drops of stevia
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate-flavored protein powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of chilled coffee
- Place all ingredients (excluding garnishing) in a blender.
- Blend contents well until there are no chunks.
- Place ice into two cups.
- Pour mocha mixture into serving cups.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
There you go! 10 simple recipes for non alcoholic Christmas drinks. Let’s become less dependent on alcohol and avoid the adverse effects it has on the human body.